Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Life of a Book

We book lovers are a special breed. Not only do we love reading books but we love hearing stories about the books. Why were they written? How did they come to be? For my fellow book lovers, boy, do I have something for you!

Penguin Random House has started doing a new series called "The Life of a Book" and it's interviews with those in the know about some of the hottest releases and how they came to be. Their latest is about a super hot release by Celeste Ng, "Little Fires Everywhere." It's not just one interview but an interview series about different aspects of the book to include editing and marketing.

Even though I read a lot (a lot! a lot!), I often lose sight that it is so much more than just the author who has a hand in bringing a book to life.  

This is also a great opportunity for me to once again plug one of my favorite podcasts (also from Penguin Random House) called Beaks & Geeks where Ms. Ng was just interviewed last week.






Take a look!

What book would you like to see them take on next?

1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed you previous post about Beaks & Geeks. I listen to a lot of podcasts, so I'm going to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...